Liz Van Lenten
Smothers Realty Group
919 West Hillgrove Avenue
LaGrange, IL 60525
Cell Phone: 312-718-1422
Office Phone: 708-588-2352
For the first half of 2017, named to Smothers Realty Group Top 10 broker list based on total volume (statistics via MRED and Terradatum 1/1/17-6/30/17).
Certified as a Senior Real Estate Specialist.
There’s nothing more gratifying than seeing buyers get the home of their dreams and I love representing them. For the first 30 years of my professional career, I was a senior public relations executive at several of the world’s best known global communications agencies such as Golin-Harris, Ogilvy Worldwide and Burson-Marsteller. I’ve counseled Fortune 500 CEO’s, CMO’s and heads of communications on their brand marketing and public relations opportunities and issues. I know the power of active listening in helping my clients articulate and realize their goals. I’m a native of New Jersey, love the Jersey shore, played high school (Montclair) and college (Kenyon) lacrosse and I’ve lived in the western suburbs of Chicago (La Grange) for almost 15 years and my two sons are growing up in our local schools. As a working mom, I have great connections and insights that can help you whether you are considering that first move from the city or a move to another home in the area. And I enjoy helping other people’s dreams come true!
● Full time Realtor
● Member of National Association of Realtors®
● Member of Illinois Association of Realtors®
● Member of Mainstreet Organization of Realtors® (MORe)
● Fully understand the needs (and anxiety!) of first time buyers, especially those considering their first move from the city to the suburbs. I’ve been through it and can help you navigate!
● 30 plus years of creative public relations and marketing expertise I can apply to your home buying or selling needs – I know how to get my clients exactly what they want!
● Mother of two boys currently at Lyons Township High School
● Active in school PTO fundraising and events
● Member Lyons Township Booster Club Winner of dozens of public relations industry awards for creativity
● Getting to the heart of complex situations and identifying creative solutions
● 30-plus years communications and negotiations expertise
● Deep active knowledge of social media platforms and how to use them to market homes and attract buyers (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter)
As a first-time home buyer, Liz was instrumental in helping my husband and I quickly narrow our search focus and took us step-by-step through the process, providing straight-forward feedback and guidance. We also are grateful for Liz’s and Smothers Realty Group connections to additional resources, from a great real estate lawyer recommendation, to multiple suggestions on local contractors. Most importantly, Liz instinctively understood my desire to remain constantly involved and updated on progress throughout the process! In fact, I’ve already recommended Liz to a coworker!
-Katie and Dave
We thought Liz was good at listening to what we wanted and did a fantastic job getting us into our house before anyone else, keeping us informed as to other interested parties, and was great with follow up…
-Carrie and Jon
Recently Liz helped me purchase a new home. She was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful throughout the process. She really listened to me which helped me a great deal so that I was comfortable all along the way. I’m very happy to be in my new home!
Working with Liz to find a home was great. She was really down to earth and very honest. She was never pushy and was very patient with every decision or non-decision we made. Liz was always available to show us houses and answer our questions. At the closing, I hugged Liz and told her I felt as though I have known her for years.
–Kim and Brad